Hello hikers! 🙂
Are you looking for some inspiration for your next hike? Or maybe just looking for a movie night with a hiking theme? Either way, I’ve got you covered with this list of 15 adventurous hiking movies to watch. So grab some popcorn and get ready for some serious wanderlust.
- “Wild” starring Reese Witherspoon – Based on a true story, this film follows one woman’s journey to hike the Pacific Crest Trail alone. It’ll give you all the feels and make you want to hit the trail ASAP.
- “A Walk in the Woods” starring Robert Redford and Nick Nolte – This comedy-drama follows two old friends who attempt to hike the entire Appalachian Trail. It’s a hilarious and heartwarming film about friendship and the great outdoors.
- “The Way” starring Martin Sheen – This touching film follows a father as he embarks on the Camino de Santiago pilgrimage in memory of his son. It’s a beautiful story about healing and self-discovery.
- “Into the Wild” starring Emile Hirsch – Based on the true story of Chris McCandless, this film follows a young man as he embarks on a journey into the Alaskan wilderness. It’s a powerful film about the search for meaning in life.
- “127 Hours” starring James Franco – This film tells the true story of Aron Ralston, a hiker who becomes trapped by a boulder while canyoneering alone in Blue John Canyon, Utah. It’s a tense and harrowing film about survival and the human spirit.
- “The Hiker” starring Zachary Quinto – A thriller about a man who finds himself stranded in the wilderness after a hiking accident.
- “The Revenant” starring Leonardo DiCaprio – This intense film tells the story of a frontiersman who is left for dead after a bear attack. It’s a brutal and beautiful film about survival in the wild.
- “The Summit” starring Christina Chong – A documentary about a group of climbers who attempt to climb K2, the second highest mountain in the world. It’s a gripping and emotional film about the lengths people will go to achieve their dreams.
- “The Secret Life of Walter Mitty” starring Ben Stiller – This comedy-drama follows a man who goes on an adventure to find a missing photograph for the final cover of Life magazine. It’s a heartwarming film about taking risks and living life to the fullest.
- “The Mountain Between Us” starring Idris Elba and Kate Winslet – A survival film about two strangers who must rely on each other after their plane crashes in the mountains.
- “Everest” starring Jake Gyllenhaal – A dramatic film about the 1996 Mount Everest disaster. It’s a harrowing film that will make you appreciate the dangers of climbing the world’s highest peak.
- “Touching the Void” starring Nicholas Aaron – A documentary about two climbers who attempt to summit Siula Grande in the Peruvian Andes and the devastating events that occurred on their descent.
- “Vertical Limit” starring Chris O’Donnell – A thriller about a group of climbers who must rescue a stranded climber high on K2.
- “The Grey” starring Liam Neeson – A survival film about a group of oil-rig workers who are stranded in the Alaskan wilderness after a plane crash.
- “The Eiger Sanction” starring Clint Eastwood – A thrilling film about a retired mountain climber who is coerced into doing one last climb.
That’s my list of 15 adventurous hiking movies to watch. Whether you’re in the mood for a drama, a comedy, or a documentary, these films are sure to give you a dose of inspiration and excitement for your next hike.
Did I miss any of your favorite hiking movies? Let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to follow my Twitter profile for more hiking and photography content.
See you around, hikers!