Best 15 trails and hikes in California
Morning, friends! 🙂
It’s your boy Jernej, and I’m here to talk about my fave <3 hobby: hiking. Specifically, I’m gonna give you the lowdown on the best 15 trails and hikes in California:
- Half Dome in Yosemite National Park: Extra AF views of the granite dome, but be prepared for a real workout.
- Mount Tamalpais: Gorgeous views of the Bay Area, and a great spot for a sunset hike.
- Muir Woods: A must-see spot for any nature lover, with some of the oldest and tallest redwood trees in the world.
- Joshua Tree: The rocks here will have you shook, and the night skies are out of this world.
- Point Reyes: TBH, this hike has it all: ocean views, wildflowers, and a lighthouse.
- The Pinnacles: Cray rock formations and plenty of hiking options.
- Anza-Borrego Desert: Dope desert landscapes, and the perfect spot for a starry night hike.
- Lassen Volcanic National Park: A volcanic wonderland, with boiling mud pots and fumaroles.
- Lake Tahoe Rim Trail: YAAASSSS for panoramic views of the lake.
- El Capitan: For the climbers out there, this granite monolith is a real challenge.
- Mount Shasta: A 14,000-foot peak with epic views.
- The Sespe Wilderness: A remote wilderness area with plenty of opportunities for backpacking and camping.
- The Lost Coast: An undeveloped stretch of California coastline with rugged cliffs and hidden beaches.
- The High Sierra Trail: A strenuous hike that takes you through some of the most beautiful mountain landscapes in the state.
- Angel Island: A small island in the Bay Area with great hiking trails and excellent views of the city.
So, there you have it folks, the best 15 hikes and trails in California! I hope you’ll get the chance to check them all out. If you have any suggestions for my next post, hit me up on twitter @JernejLetica. And don’t forget to leave a comment, I’d love to hear about your favourite hikes!
See you around!